Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bass Voice

My world's on fire, how about yours?
That's the way I like it and I'll never get bored
--SmashMouth

A couple of interviews w/ Kyle Bass that I have yet to chew fully thru. Similar themes to recent commentary. The end of ponzi in Japan, EU on fire, dysfunctional US govt. One new dimension was his bullish take on Canada--which is tempered by his bearishness elsewhere which will spill over in a negative way to the Knucks.

Interesting stat: value of bank assets worldwide: $87 trillion. Value of bank assets in Europe: $40 trillion. Euro bank balance sheets are 3x levered as the US.

When asked why ECB won't just print the debt whole, Bass said "Your question should be do they print before or after they default. In my opinion, they have to just print afterward because the number that they're going to have to print is so large that they all know this going in."

Not sure I understand what he's saying here. Perhaps the transcript that I'm reading is out of context, and I'll know more once I watch the actual interview.

1 comment:

dgeorge12358 said...

Top 3 banks by MCap

2011
ICBC
CCB
Agricultural Bank of China

2005
Citi
BofA
HSBC

1991
Sumitomo
Dai-ichi
Fuji

Source: Datastream via ZeroHedge