Thursday, July 1, 2010

Shorts On, Shorts Off

"Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later get squished just like grape."
--Mr Miyagi (Karate Kid)

Just a quick note that I took off my short side trade into this morning's slide.


Could we go lower from here? Oh yeah. And I think we do over time. We've previously noted that SPX 950 seems the next 'logical' support level for the tape.

But these daily declines have been getting a bit too patterned for my tastes. While I respect the potential for an elevator shaft move lower, I equally respect the spectre of a relief rally here as well. In that vein, I did pick up a snivlet of Microsoft (MSFT) in case Snapper makes a cameo.

In a nutshell: shortin's hard, mon. Lot's of things work against short side bets, not the least of which is the government's printing press.

So it's said, should we indeed get a stiff lift from here, I'll be sniffing around for

position in MSFT

No comments: