Monday, September 14, 2009

Sentinel of Liberty

"I tell you what. I'll speak slow, so those of you with Ph.D.'s in the room can understand."
--Doug Carlin (Deja Vu)

I've cracked open another book. Garet Garrett's 1955 work, The American Story. It's hard for me to close anything that I open by this author. Penetrating insight delivered in wonderful style.

I believe his work in the early-mid 20th century provides some very important work on the rise and fall of liberty in the U.S.--particularly w.r.t. to the WWI-->Roaring 20s-->Great Depression-->WWII period. His writing suggests someone on a mission to document the period from an important, but unpopular, perspective

Am only thru Chapter 1 but this 400+ page work seem sure to educate and inform.

Reference

Garrett, Garet (1955). The American story. Chicago: Henry Regnery Company.

No comments: