Monday, October 24, 2011

Overdrive vs Overhead

Headin' into twilight
Spreading out her wings tonight
She got you jumpin' off the deck
And shovin' into overdrive
--Kenny Loggins

Markets continue to gear higher. The SPX is now up 17% from the early Oct lows. Can it continue? Sure, markets can do anything they want, cookie.


The technicals suggest some stiff resistance dead ahead in the 1260ish area. Many of the stochastic oscillators are starting to 'pretzel' in overbought zones on a daily basis.

I for one have resumed hedging mode, adding some index shorts (SH) against my equity (CSCO) longs. I have trimmed a bit of CSCO but hope to do much more into any further strength.

Have also been adding some GLD and ultimately would like that to represent the lion's share of my long side exposure here.

Right now I'm 7-8% net long. I hope to be 'delta neutral' in the near future. Long some CSCO and GLD paired against an index short.

position in CSCO, GLD, SH

No comments: