Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fire Sale

Don't you know we're playing with fire?
But we can't stop this burning desire
--Donnie Iris

Sold most of my Cisco (CSCO) position. Did some yesterday and then lion's share this am into the EU bailout euphoria. Will keep a small 'core' position bought at much lower levels. I do think that the stock reflects decent value here but I also think chances of buying it much cheaper in the next few months are good given the macro set-up.

After the sale, my overall risk position is pretty much hedged. My remaining position in CSCO coupled with some commodity exposure (GLD, SLV, RJA) is offset nearly one for one by an index equity short (SH).

If prices continue to rip higher from here, then I might sell of bit of commodity exposure or add a bit to my index short. If prices reverse lower from here, then I might add some more precious metal exposure or shed some of my short position.

Meanwhile I wanna sit back and observe for a while.

position in CSCO, GLD, SLV, RJA, SH

No comments: