Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Three More

A thousand skeptic hands
Won't keep us from the things we plan
Unless we're clinging to the things we prize
--Howard Jones

My top personal financial goals this year included paying off the mortgage and increasing my gold holdings. On the gold front, I originally intended a 10-20% increase in bullion by weight. However, the crazy state of the world prompted me to increase my uptake. Thus far, I've increased my gold stock by over 50% and am anticipating more.

On the mortgage front, I've retired all but ~$20K of a $194.1K mortgage. Although gold purchases have resulted in larger cash draw down than originally planned, I'm hoping to snuff out the remaining mortage in three more payments.

God willing, I'll be debt free by the end of summer.

position in gold

No comments: