Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lace 'em Up

So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive
--Survivor

As the teams get ready to take the field, here are my primary personal financial goals for 2010:

Pay off mortgage. My mortgage is all that stands between me and being debt free. On Jan 1, I chunked another $10k toward the mortgage, which takes the balance below $100k. Hoping to finish this off by Aug.

Buy some bullion. Nothing huge, but want to hedge a bit vs my primary deflationary stance. Weapon of choice is physical gold, such as gold American Eagles. Would be happy to pick up a coupla oz each quarter on a dollar cost avg basis.

Deflationary 'reaction.' If another deflationary decline commences, then I might look to deploy some cash, perhaps by raising my short position or by looking for value in beaten down stocks.

Eye of the tiger, cookie.

position in gold, USD

No comments: