Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Healthy Choice

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie
--The Who

While larger issues loom in the balance over today's special senate election in Massachusetts, I, like Prof Anderson, have been wondering about the ramifications of this vote on health care stocks.


It's been straight up for sectors like pharma for the better part of a year. Can't help but wonder whether primary risk isn't to the downside. And that the Mass vote will be a 'sell the news' event regardless of outcome.

Personally, I'm essentially out of this sector after a couple of months of selling. Remaining positions 'placeholders' only--less than 1% of total assets.

positions in MRK, PFE, S&P

No comments: