Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crude Attititude

I don't know when to start or when to stop
My luck's like a button
I can't stop pushing it
--General Public

There is little doubt in my mind that we will regulate ourselves into $100+ crude. Supply is coming off the table in a commodity that's already dwindling in supply.

Standing between here and there, however, is the spectre of another economic slowdown, perhaps one that'll make the last one look pretty tame.


Should that occur, there's chance crude will retest its 2008 lows.

Because I think the probability of a double dip is pretty good, I'm reluctant to slap allota energy risk on right here. Perhaps I'm being too cute, but my sense is that there will be opportunity to buy oil at lower levels in the next 6 months.

Should that occur, it may be time to back up the truck, er, tanker.

position in oil

No comments: