Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Slow Mover

Well I'm gonna find a home
And we'll see how it feels
Goin' mobile
Keep me movin'
--The Who

I'm in the process of moving. We're scheduled to close on the sold property this Friday; closing on the purchased property is scheduled for about 10 days later.

This is my first real estate transaction where I've sold a property in addition to buying (I rented prior to buying my current residence). The process has been much more time consuming than anticipated. Cycle time from when I first considered moving till I'm finally in my new residence will be about 4 months.

For entrepreneurs out there, I believe there is significant opportunity to help movers manage the transition between homes. Moving, storage, address changes, financing, etc.

There are probably boutique services along these lines but an offering centered on the meat of the market may realize significant traction. I for one would certainly take a look.

1 comment:

OSR said...

I'd pay. I despise moving with every fiber of my being.