Monday, November 22, 2010

Irish Ail

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never goin' to keep me down
--Chumbawumba

Although markets generally seemed to shrug off Ireland's weekend bailoutl (altho the banks did appear to trade heavy), can't help but think this is beginning of a new round of storms in the EU. Spain and Portugal getting queued up per CDS spreads.

While I never watch CNBC at home, I do turn the station on in the morning when I'm on the road (like now). Was shocked at how little the Irish bailout was covered this am.

Maybe the EU should ask Big Ben to print a few more hundreds...

position in XLF

4 comments:

dgeorge12358 said...

The EU will face problems similar to the US: an increasing gap between the citizens and decision makers in Brussels and a perceived or even real lack of democracy.
~David Korten

katie ford hall said...

I think you need to change the channel.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/business/july-dec10/ireland2_11-22.html

fordmw said...

Cnbc is truly bubblevision...mindless circus clowns...

katie ford hall said...

You can probably guess what my response is to that.

Cable news = useless.