Friday, July 21, 2017

Hypocrisy and Politics

"Listen, I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops."
--Jeffrey Pelt (The Hunt for Red October)

Although these pages have long observed that hypocrisy and politics go hand in hand, I continue to shake my head at the blatant inconsistency of the Washington crowd. What was ok when your guy/party was in charge is outrageous when the other guy/party is in charge.

It does make one speculate about the extent to which political hypocrites are actually aware of their inconsistent behavior. Do they know and not care? Or do they not know what they are doing?

For those striving to for consistency regardless of situation, political hypocrites provide good examples of what not to do.

No comments: