Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Outsourcing Violence

"I hate this, Johnny. I really do. I hate violence. That is why I had Rosie do this. I could never do that man. I could never hold a knife to Tyler's throat. She was my woman. We shared time together. But Rosie, he's like a machine. He's got this gift of blankness. Once you set him in motion, he will not stop. So, when three o'clock comes, he will gut her like a pig and try not to get any on his shoes. And there is nothing I can do."
--Bohdi (Point Break)

Nice depiction of the chain of violence that flows thru the State.


Would be more accurate if the principals of that violence were added--those being the people who contract with strong armed government agents to do their bidding.

Many people who call themselves peaceful merely outsource violence to others. Government can be seen as a euphemism for aggression.

No comments: