Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Campaign Ads for Fools

She musters a smile for his nostalgic tale
Never coming near what he wanted to say
Only to realize
It never really was
--The Doobie Brothers

It is hard to view presidential campaign ads right  now without reflecting on the sheer hypocrisy that is our political system and the media minions that promote it.

One minute I see an ad mocking the notion that large segments of entitlement and victim mentalities exist among the people. Next minute I see an ad for the same candidate pandering to those with entitlement and victim mentalities.

I find it hard to believe that politicians do not recognize the inconsistency in their statements. More likely, they believe that they can get away with it.

If that is the case, then they view us as mindless fools.

1 comment:

dgeorge12358 said...

If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun.
~Hank Rearden, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand