Friday, September 14, 2012

Voting Stock

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie
--The Who

In early June we noted the correlation between the SPX and the Intrade Obama contract. Here is an update:



After yesterday's FOMC announcement, the Obama contract ripped nearly 6 pts (almost 10% higher).

If you do not see what is going on here, then your eyes are wide shut.

position in SPX

2 comments:

dgeorge12358 said...

Interestingly, earlier in the year many analysts thought QE3 would be unleashed at August FOMC meeting so as to not look 'politically motivated.'

Maybe the committee was concerned that August stimulus would not carry markets until November.

Will effects of September stimulus carry incumbents?

fordmw said...

Romney also recently indicated that, if elected, he would fire Bernanke.