Sunday, August 22, 2010

Almost Done

One summer never ends
One summer never began
It keeps me standing still
It takes all my will
--The Motels

Number one personal finance goal this yr was to pay off the house. Almost finished it this month but would have drawn my cash position down a bit lower than the 'emergency fund' minimum I like to keep.


September should be it. Payoff statement has been ordered from lender. Payoff amount is principal and interest due Oct 1st plus a $28 record fee. A small bonus is that since amount due is under $5K, I can send personal check rather than messing with certified funds.

Plan is to mail final amount after end of August pay day. 

3 comments:

dgeorge12358 said...

That is - the reason for that is that home prices are only going to go up. Now, they've never gone down nationwide in our - since we've been keeping track of this.
~Franklin Raines

fordmw said...

Amazing that this guy is not in prison...

katie ford hall said...

Will you pay off my house next?