Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Point of Order

"Now, I had some pretty good coaching last night. and I find that if I yield only for a question or a point of order or a personal privledge, that I can hold this floor almost until doomsday. In other words, I've got a piece to speak, and blow hot or cold, I'm going to speak it."
--Jefferson Smith (Mr Smith Goes to Washington)

Folks who somehow believe that Democrats and Republicans widely differ in their actions need only observe their joint reaction to Senator Jim Bunning's filabuster of a recent spending bill. Bunning held up the bill arguing that Congress should finance the bill in a manner that doesn't add to the deficit.

Both sides lit up against Bunning, and, unfortunately, he backed down.

So, slap another $100+ billion on the deficit as the addict scores another fix.

Big Government lives on both sides of the aisle.

ADDENDUM: Ron Paul on the Bunning situation. btw, Stuart Varney is emerging in my eyes as one of the sharper cookies in media. 

No comments: