Sunday, January 2, 2022

Rose Peddling

Now that your rose is in bloom
A light hits the gloom
On the gray 
--Seal

While waiting for the early Bowl games to start yesterday, I caught the end of the Rose Bowl parade on TV. I rarely watch the networks anymore except for sporting events. The parade coverage reminded me why.

It was infested with leftist slant. But it went beyond the media. Floats and parade walkers conveyed political messages as well. One float had a giant image of nurse, fully masked, holding a syringe surrounded by people, also duly masked, encouraging people to vax up.

I began to wonder whether messages like this were being sent my way when I was a youngster but too naive to recognize overt propaganda. 

Probably. But the style of the peddlers has evolved. 

Subtle has given way to lurid.

No comments: