Friday, October 9, 2015

Controlling Others

Let me be your ruler
You can call me queen bee
And baby I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule, I'll rule
Let me live that fantasy
--Lorde

The extent to which some people seek to control the lives of others never ceases to amaze. Some feel obligated. They view others as incapable of making 'correct' decisions for themselves and therefore in need governance. These are the nannies.

Others get satisfaction in manipulating the behavior of others. These are the puppeteers.

Others obtain pleasure from positions of power. They believe that there is a natural role in society for some to govern others and that this position is rightly theirs. These are the rulers.

One tendency nannies, puppeteers, and rulers share is a willingness to use the strong arm of government to realize their control objectives and associated psychic income.

No comments: