Saturday, October 25, 2014

Economics for Youngsters

They're seeing through the promises
And all the lies they dare to tell
Is it heaven or hell?
They know very well
--Journey

Some lessons in economics for youngsters offered by the late great Leonard Read. Not sure I'd pick the same items, but the notion of structured lessons in elementary economics and finance seems essential.

The young generation is going to need all of the economic and financial literacy it can assimilate to right the wrongs being done by adult generations.

1 comment:

dgeorge12358 said...

I meant no harm I most truly did not, but I had to grow bigger so bigger I got. I biggered my factory, I biggered my roads, I biggered the wagons, I biggered the loads. Of the Thneeds I shipped out I was shipping them forth from the South, to the East, to the West, to the North. I went right on biggering selling more thneeds. And I biggered my money which everyone needs.
~Dr Seuss