Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Past Tense

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
--The Who

Ponder these quotes from Thomas Jefferson:

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, (i.e., the "business cycle") the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

TJ definitely 'got it'...

Do you think we'd have a Federal Reserve today if TJ was still the man?

No comments: