Friday, January 25, 2019

Financial Stability

Hey I'm not complaining 'cause I really need the work
Hittin' up my buddy's got me feeling like a jerk
Hundred dollar car note, two hundred rent
I get a check on Friday but it's already spent
--Huey Lewis & the News

Amity Shlaes quotes a snippet from Calvin Coolidge's 1923 State of Union message. Coping with uncertain environments greatly increases when your financial house is in order. This is true at the country, organization, and individual level.
We are far more capable of dealing with external threats from positions of financial strength. In fact, as Coolidge observes, it is from firm financial foundations that peace and prosperity advance.

Conversely, weak financial arrangements predicated on borrowing and debt are sources of conflict and squalor.

No comments: