Tuesday, August 24, 2021

FDA Approved

I close my eyes
Oh God I think I'm falling
Out of the sky, eye close my eyes
Heaven help me

--Madonna

Approximately six months after operating under 'emergency use authorization' as an experimental drug ok for public distribution, Pfizer's (PFE) mRNA vaccine has been 'fully' approved by the FDA. The approval follows no where near the customary battery of evaluations required before agency approval.

Many folks seem to think that slapping an 'FDA Approved' sticker on the vaccine will reduce resistance or uncertainty among the skeptical. The truth, of course, is that we know no more about the efficacy and safety of this drug now than we did pre-approval. 

In reality, the hope is that 'FDA Approved' creates more blind trust in the 'experts.'

'FDA Approved' medications have killed lots of people in the past. How many of those deaths resulted from blind trust in the 'FDA Approved' endorsement may be unknowable.

Pray that blind trust in this FDA approval does not kill scores more in upcoming months and years.

no position

No comments: